Sunday 3 September 2017

Where to blog

This is a good place to start blogging - it is simple and it is working.
Wordpress is the most widely used blogging software, it is free, supposedly easy to install and has thousands of themes to personalise the look and feel.  It is used by individuals and businesses and a site can be hosted at wordpress.com or by a hosting provider.  Joomla appears to be a popular alternative.
Hostinger provide my hosting, they have an excellent range of facilities and services considering it is free.  It provides mysql and php which wordpress requires.  For the free version you need to install wordpress manually via ftp.  For the premium version, currently only £3 per month, a "one-click" installer is required.
Wordpress Theme Library provides a huge choice of themes, I thought of trying 2017 or writers but I need to blog for a while to determine which I need.
For the moment I will work on blogger and see what comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment