Friday 15 May 2020

Google Arts and Culture

One of the things I miss most during the Coronavirus lockdown is my visits to London Art Galleries.  A very good substitute is Google Arts and Culture GAC which provides access to the finest art from all over the world.
For some galleries, mainly in London, I have my own set of pictures, descriptons and opinions in my slideshow app.  It is interesting to visit these galleries in GAC and look at see which exhibits they highlight.
For the galleries I visit most often, Tate Britain and the National Gallery, GAC provides a street view virtual tour which includes stops at particular works.  The descriptions provided on these works are somewhat superficial but they also contain links to other works on the same theme, with similar subjects, by the same artist etc.  Linked works may be at other galleries, which can then be explored as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment